Warehouse Management System (WMS) Module
The Warehouse Management System Module or WMS Module is an extensive functionality of ERP.net platform offering a wide range of additional opportunities to you.
The WMS module keeps track, manages, and optimizes all processes, tasks, and operations taking place in your warehouses. Fully integrated, WMS comes with the mobile application WMS Worker built-in, and runs in your unified database while maintaining constant connection with all other ERP.net systems, sharing the information between them.
These characteristics of WMS inherently ensure fast, smooth, and secure operation, dealing away with any delays or need for synchronization.
The WMS Solution of ERP.net provides a unified and centralized point for tracking and processing warehouse requests, orders, and transactions.
Whether these are:
- requisitions and orders for shipment (from the CRM subsystem)
- requests for material input (from the Production subsystem)
- orders for transfer to other warehouses (from the Logistic subsystem)
WMS keeps track of all types of tasks to provide on-time fulfillment and never allow downtime in production or delays in shipments due to unacceptable waiting periods.
- material procurement
- receipt of purchased goods
- orders for putting materials into production
- receiving products from other stores
are executed in the same manner.
Warehouse Structure and Storage Space
With the help of the WMS software system, you can accurately recreate your physical warehouse as a hierarchical structure of storage locations.
WMS enables you to define precise storage locations for your products and arrange them in shelves, racks, aisles, zones, warehouses, and others.
This way, the system can provide navigated deployment and picking of products from a warehouse, as well as receipt, storage, and issuing goods for delivery.
WMS software system is able to direct warehouse workers to specific storage locations where the new products are suitable to be stored or goods are to be shipped.
The Warehouse Management Module also supports stocking, storing, moving, and dispatching product quantities in lots, allowing the user to consider the expiration date (in case products have one) to avoid being left with dead stock.
You can define warehouse policies throughout your hierarchical structure. Warehouse policies are used in order to set the rules, restrictions, and possibilities when carrying out warehouse operations. The policies are designed with exceptional flexibility, so as such, they can be applied either generally for the whole warehouse or partially for the various storage locations, zones, product groups, and many other divisions of your storage space.
Warehouse Tasks and Activities
The Warehouse Management System enables warehouse managers and supervisors to order and track the progress on various tasks carried out by warehouse workers.
Tasks include receive, move, label, count, inspect, kit, assemble, dispatch, and many other types.
Warehouse order details like warehouse zones and locations, products and product variants, lots, serial numbers, logistic units, workers assigned to, and other important attributes are taken into account when assigning or reviewing tasks.
Integral functionality of Warehouse Management System of ERP.net
Your WMS solution is equipped with many other functionalities of ERP.net:
- WMS Worker Application - mobile and flexible, WMS Worker streamlines the complex operations in the warehouse for a more sustainable operation
- Variable (Dynamic) Measurement Ratios - utilizing the capabilities of WMS Worker, WMS can account for differences in bought and sold quantities due to natural or distributional specifics
- Logistic Units - WMS helps you arrange and transport your product items as logistic units
- Composite Products - facilitating trade with products consisting of multiple components that may be stored separately
- Barcode Control - which can be used for various tasks like moving, checking availabilities, or reconciling goods for better fail-safe operations
- Serial Numbers - WMS is fully able to track product serial numbers (simultaneously with product lots and independently from them) and manage products in accordance with them
- Lot Tracking - WMS is capable of tracking product lots (simultaneously with serial numbers and independently from them) and manage products in accordance with them